opinions on a thermopride furnace

Hello to the group, We are thinking of purchasing a thermopride 0hc-85 oil furnace, would anyone on the group know what this furnace sells for ( contractors price)and does $2500.00 installed sould like a fair price (just replacing the old furnace) minium duct work , and also what are your opions on thermopride oil furnaces. thanks for any info on this ...Craig

Reply to
craig

I've had a Thermopride OT16-125 (I believe that the same manual covers the OHC-85 so they're probably similar) for about 12 years and am happy with it. The one thing I'd have prefered is a variable speed blower though since I have multiple zones.

My price 12 years ago is probably irrelevant. Changing out the furnace if access is not a problem is fairly easy because these come in sections. There will be some pushing and shoving but it is not too difficult.

RB

craig wrote:

Reply to
RB

Yes....and its not any concern.

Maybe...maybe not, maybe not enough...

Bar none, the best you can buy in an oil furnace. Also, the most expensive.

Reply to
CBhvac