Craftsman Snow Thrower...Cracked Plastic Chute Deflector

The chute deflector on my snow thrower has cracked due to stones from the driveway. Had the height adjust skid as high as it will go but the occasional stones it still finds just added to the problem.

I've since covered the inside of the chute with a plate I fabricated from aluminum which now shields the plastic chute quite well. Still holding up after several snow storms but the wear & tear of stones might eventually do it in.

I've called customer service and found the chute is covered under warrantee but they want me to bring the whole machine in, kinda dumb since it is listed as weighing 197 lbs. I ordered a new chute to "modify" from the start in hopes it will prevent any future cracking of the plastic but a metal chute would solve the problem (planned obsolescence I suppose and it saves Sears costs on a metal chute to begin with).

Does anyone know of a company that makes metal chutes that might fit the Sears line?

Reply to
no_email

pave the driveway???

Reply to
Punch

If you pay for it - I'll have it paved ;)

Reply to
no_email