Oil to Gas Conversion Burner

My daughter has a 15 year old house with an oil fired boiler. The unit was the top of the line and has is operating at 80% efficiency according to the latest tuneup She has a gas line into the house. In our area oil is more than twice as expensive as natural gas per therm. My options are to replace the oil burner with a Wayne conversion burner and leave the boiler in tact, 3 hour job for myself. With this option I can run the tank dry (she has about 250 gallons left) and then replace the burner. My other option is to replace the entire unit with a Triangle Tube high efficiency boiler. To do this will require a 2 day operation and I will probably have to do the replacement before the heating season begins. Any suggestions? BTW she used about 900 gallons last year. Thanks, Richard

Reply to
rgoldste

Since your reason is economy and not replacing a failed system etc then you need to compute the life cycle cost. What will "A" cost and what will "B" cost over time?

Reply to
George

On Sep 14, 2:12=EF=BF=BDpm, " snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com" wrote= :

a high efficeny replacement will net more long term savings, converting to natural gas if availble is a good idea.

check with gas supplier they may have some incentives to encourage conversion

Reply to
hallerb

Any chance of selling the existing oil??

Reply to
hrhofmann

Not only will they not buy it but they charge you fto remove it.. I was hoping that someone had some experience with the Wayne. Richard

Reply to
rgoldste