oil tank

Hi I have to replace an old oil tank in my home. I also have to replace the fuel lines since they are burried in concrete therefore not upto code. My problem is that the basement is finished therefore passing the lines under the existing floor is pratically impossible. I could pass the lines in the suspended ceiling, but I am wondering if this will work since I will have an 8 foot rise to get to the ceiling. Will the pump on the furncace be able to pump what it needs? Will the

8 foot drop compensate for the 8 foot rise? Any other suggestions? I can maybe also put the tank outside, this will create a 4 foot rise and an 8 foot drop. Thanks in advance
Reply to
sal

8 foot lift will *probably* work, but it is marginal. You may be able to retrofit the burner with a 2-stage pump for much greater lift.

Jim

Reply to
Speedy Jim