Oil burner controller system

My furnace doesn't seem to start when the thermostat calls for it to start. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. When I place a meter across the thermostat terminals (T to T) on the controller (Honeywell R8184G1286) the Beckett AF burner starts and runs for several cycles...perhaps a week's worth but then won't start until I touch my meter probes to the T-T terminals the next time.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Boden

Reply to
Boden

I had exactly that problem a few weeks ago. After FOUR trips out by the HVAC company, replacing the controller (in the furnace) solved it.

At first they replaced a flame sensor, then rewired the power vent, but these did not solve the problem until they replaced the controller.

Reply to
Dimitrios Paskoudniakis

Sure sounds like you should call whoever services it for you. I'm hoping you know also that oil burners do need annual service/tuning.

Among other things. That's where I'd start.

John

Reply to
John Barry