oil boiler convert from power vent to chimney

No they are pauses. It takes the dimwit a while to formulate a complete sentence.

Reply to
ftwhd

I've worked on thousands and thousands of oil burners. I've seen several smoke pipes installed down hill and I once saw one over 40 ft. (pitched properly), and they worked fine. There are a few things you need to be careful of.

1) Make sure the chimney flue liner is sized properly. Do not oversize it. 8 x 8 covers most Weil-McLain residential boilers. 2) Make sure the chimney is high enough above the peak of the house, and not obstructed by trees. 3) Make sure the smoke pipe goes up hill. 1/4" per ft. is good. If the boiler is convertible from a top flue to rear flue, put the smoke pipe off the top if you have enough pitch. If not, put it off the back. The pitch is the more important of the two. 4) Do not 'bull-head' the draft regulator.

The 25 ft. vertical chimney is going to help (not hinder) the draft, as long as the chimney is warm and dry, you should be ok.

Reply to
Bob

Thousands and Thousands? Do the math. I dont think so.

40ft horizontal Im assuming? Id like to see that one.

Quite a bold, blank, rule of thumb statement that can quickly get you into trouble.

High enough? Whats that mean? Obstructed by trees????

Smoke pipe? You mean the flue pipe? Most new residential oil burners burn at a "0" or "trace" smoke which would be impossible to see smoke coming out of the flue pipe so you could hardly call it a smoke pipe.

Draft regulator? Would you by chance be talking about the barometric damper?

............and without holes or...............trees. :-) Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

So you know a lot more than the NFPA?

Reply to
Oscar_Lives

The following below, is a prime example of a post by someone you do NOT want working on your units. Looks good (to a layman) sounds good (to a layman), and is total bullshit.

Reply to
CBHVAC