Off Topic: Sign this petition if you're sick of high gas prices (Drill Here. Drill Now. Pay Less)

Don't you realize our elected representatives are bought and paid for oil interests and some foreign governments?

I have read these interests will fork out around $170 million to buy our government! So who are they going to listen to?

The SOLUTION is to form a "We the People" special interest and buy them off to do what we want and need. OR everybody buy stock in the big U.S. TV networks so "We the People" control what is said on TV (the truth perhaps).

Money talks....

Reply to
Bill

Yep that certainly explains why the Congress doesn't let them drill wherever they want to and why they put in all those environmental regulations. Makes perfect sense to me

Reply to
Kurt Ullman

Kurt Ullman wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@70-3-168-216.area.spcsdns.net:

That's not any reason to not drill now.

and if we had drilled back then,we would be having that oil now.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

Kurt Ullman wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@70-3-168-216.area.spcsdns.net:

way to go,Kurt! B-)

Reply to
Jim Yanik

You can drill in ANWR, off the coast of Miami Beach, and in my front yard, as long as the fat asses with the "Support our Troops" bumper stickers on their SUVs are forced to give them up.

A complete bunch of hypocrites.

Reply to
Buck Turgidson

So anything can be done as long as those you don't agree with are somehow punished ahead of time? And you call THEM hypocrites.

Reply to
Kurt Ullman

"Punished" is giving up your SUV???

What a supreme sacrifice.

Well, gotta go weed the victory garden. Keep em flying.

Reply to
Buck Turgidson

Considering the time it takes to get a new well on line, it is not going to help much or help any time soon. In the ten or more years it will take, the landscape is likely to be far different.

*********************************************************8

The fact remains that the bit of oil they will get from trashing the environment of pristine places will make NO significant difference in prices.

And then there are the hundreds of thousands of acres of oil leases that are stockpiled for future profits. Why not develop those first? I wonder?

And maybe outlaw the exportation of alaska oil.(Again)

Reply to
Bob F

Maybe, in which case the evil oil companies will have spent all that money for naught. It also could be far different in that the oil is needed even more. As I mentioned earlier, the same things have been said for more than the 15 years it would have taken to bring the fields on line. So why continue to institutiionalize short sightedness?

Reply to
Kurt Ullman

Give up our troops? Taliban pig!

Nothing wrong with hypocrisy. 85% of gynocologists are men.

Reply to
HeyBub

"HeyBub" wrote in news:JZ6dneEmwOU0p_TVnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.com:

Yea but 100% of them are gender prejudice. No male patients.

Reply to
Red Green

Except when they are the ones treating infertility. Then they tend to work with both (much to the chagrine of the urologists).

Reply to
Kurt Ullman

Kurt Ullman wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@70-3-168-216.area.spcsdns.net:

Ahhh yes. My ignorance in this arena glows brightly.

Reply to
Red Green

No big deal. I just happen to be writing an article on infertility right now and am catching heck about the incompetence in the area of the OBs from urologists and vice versa. A lot of "If all you have is a hammer, everything not only begins to look like a nail, but you have to rather vehemently proclaim that screws don't really exist" on both sides (g).

Reply to
Kurt Ullman

You're absolutely correct: in many cases it's the lack of sufficient screwing that contributes to infertility.

Reply to
HeyBub

"HeyBub" wrote in news:p5udnX5hfMWY__PVnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.com:

Brings to mind Occam's Razor.

Reply to
Red Green

On 7/4/2008 10:46 AM HeyBub spake thus:

Sure you don't mean insufficient *nailing*?

Reply to
David Nebenzahl