Nude homeowner arrested

However, a trespasser that peers into your windows is a peeping tom and can be arrested for that.

Reply to
salty

Like this guy:

pic

Oren

The paparazzi argument is ridiculous too. Anyone can see through a window. Even if they are not on a ladder. Even if they are on the street.

Reply to
tnom

Umm, NOT if they HAVE to be trespassing to see in the windows. It is simply NOT POSSIBLE to see into ANY of the first floor windows on the back of my house UNLESS you are standing INSIDE my fenced/enclosed deck, meaning you climbed the fence or broke into my garage and came out the back door onto the deck. Also, I have over 100 yards deep of back yard which drops down through woods to a stream. The neighbors in the back have a similar yard. So, even if the neighbors stood at the back of their property, they could not possibly even see my house, much less into the windows. I have curtains on all (few) windows which can be seen though by non-trespassers. My kitchen has no curtains whatsoever, since NO ONE can see through those windows UNLESS they are trespassing and I like to get all the sun I can get from the southern exposure.

Reply to
tmclone

We aren't talking about your house or your windows.

Did you watch the video? The mans house has floor level windows. Anyone can easily see inside his house at night if he doesn't close the curtains.

Reply to
tnom

I think you'd agree that if I am in a place where I'm legally entitled to be, I should not be subjected to nudity against my will. On the other hand, some places I could legally go may subject me to that outrage and, if I go there, I take that risk upon myself.

Now what if I'm reading the electric meter at your place?

It could go either way.

Reply to
HeyBub

Which is pretty much my point. IF you can see it from the street or sidewalk (think public place) then there is a lower expectation of privacy and it is fair game. But some tried to suggest that if there was a wall or some other obstruction at the sidewalk, they could look over it as long as they stayed on the sidewalk. The courts guffawed and then said "no"./

Reply to
Kurt Ullman

Yeah, nudity is a real outrage!

Reply to
salty

They even said they were "cutting through his yard". And

5:30 Am isn't exactly the time you expect to have people in your yard.
Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Very wise advice. Thank you.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

Sounds to me like we need more laws against people looking into our windows.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

Well, let's see. The electric meter is on the side of the house where there are no downstairs windows which are not completely enclosed by a deck with an 8' fence. And you mention "legally entitled to be", but how on earth does "cutting through" someone's yard translate to the legal right to be there. She was trespassing on his property. She should have been arrested, not him.

Reply to
tmclone

Or maybe even a full stop. Period.

Reply to
terry

Re: "Trespassing is not usually a criminal offense. In my state, you have to take additional steps to elevate civil trespass to a criminal level. You can do this by personally demanding the person leave or by posting sufficient 'sinage' asserting same. ....... "

Interesting post! What kind of 'sin' were you suggesting?

Reply to
terry

Cutting through your yard is probably done all the time. By the meter readers, the mailman, perhaps the cops in pursuit of a goblin, children playing, people in red suits, on horseback, chasing a fox, a hot-air balloon landing prematurely, whatever.

Start with the premise that one can't be arrested unless he commits a criminal act.

Now what are the requirements for mere presence on your property to become criminal trespass in your jurisdiction? Since you're posting from that horrid Google Groups Clown College, I can't look it up for you, but it usually takes more than just being on someone's property to trigger the criminal trespass offense.

In my state, the person on someone else's land must first be TOLD to leave or there must be prominent signs posted asserting NO ENTRY PERMITTED. In some jurisdictions, the presence of a fence to exclude intruders is sufficient evidence of intent to prevent entry and subverting the fence triggers the statute. In all states, it must be shown that the intruder INTENDED to commit the criminal offense of trespass (of course intent can be inferred by the circumstances).

Point is, if all you've got is someone on your property, you do not simultaneously have an arrestable person.

Reply to
HeyBub

tnom

That may be, but they have no right to complain if I'm naked and standing on my head.

I don't understand why people get so hung up on seeing a naked body anyway. There are may styles but only two types, You have one or the other, just with variations of sag or beer belly in 90% of the cases.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in news:-rednQ0LQ_5ih3_XnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

I bet you tell this crap to all the little kids in your neighborhood.

Reply to
Stepfann King

The poster is an illiterate moron. I mean really, "should of"? Yeah, right. I've been seeing this for years I SO wish it were legal to kill the grammatically incorrect. Seriously.

Reply to
tmclone

You know, Smitty. I of to hand it to you. If you of to of a peeve, that's a good one. You really of a good point, there. I of had it pointed out to me, some interseting quirks of words. Sometimes you can tell the ofs from the of nots, by how they, like, you know, like talk. Of a nice day.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon