Novus polish coverage?

I'm planning to polish about 12 sq ft of polycarbonate (based on advice in a past thread here), using the Novus polishes and possibly very fine sandpaper. Seems obvious that the 2 oz size is too small. But will I need more than 8 oz of each grade?

Edward

Reply to
Edward Reid

Interesting stuff. Don't know what it costs but you could use substitutes to supplement. The number one grade just uses isopropanol and you could make your own at this concentration. For number 2, a cheap toothpaste may do the job - I used to shine up my watch crystal with toothpaste. Number three is most aggressive with alumina but fine sandpaper would work at this stage. What you want to avoid are high concentrations of solvents like acetone or MEK which can harm the polycarbonate.

Reply to
Frank