noisy fresh water pipes question

Hi All,

We have a wood floor and a crawl space under the house. We also have long runs of copper fresh water paper in the crawl space.

When you turn on the water at one end of the house, the pipes will shake at the other end and are rather loud. If you run a tiny trickle of water on the outside faucet, the pipes will start a harmonic resonance. Also kind of noisy.

Now this is a "contractor's" house, mean no expense was spared (meaning that sarcastic). There are not a lot of hangers on the fresh water pipes. Would more hangers improve the situation? Any other thoughts?

Many thanks,

-T

I would wait until after Halloween, so you can use the effects in your haunted house.

After that, hangers should help keep the pipes from flopping around.

Reply to
Taxed and Spent

Hangers can help, especially if the have a shock absorber holding the tubing. Allow for expansion and contraction. If it is a long run it may be a good idea to have an expansion loop in the line. Are you on a well? Bringing 55 degree water on tubing that is sitting at 90 degrees in the summer can make them move. Opposite if you turn on 130 degree hot water in the winter.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

They are V shaped wires with the pipe in the bottom of the V

Muni water from giant wells.

The hangers are "V" shaped with the pipe in the bottom of the "V"