No Water From Well

Ignore me, I just got re-educated.

Reply to
LSMFT

I'm lucky in having a surface-mounted jet pump, I suppose. Motor was manufactured in 1977 - not sure if the pump is as old, but I know the well was put in sometime around 1985 (may have been '86) so I assume it's got a fair few hours on the clock, too.

I really should to add some lube to the bearings (no idea when it was last done; we've only been here three years) but the wick's missing from the little oil filler at the motor's tail end - anyone know if I can just drop a couple of drops of oil down the hole and call it good? It's not obvious how to lube the front bearing of the motor, either - there's no obvious oiling point on the motor itself, but there is a tiny brass screw on the attached pump casing - perhaps this hides an oil passage down to the bearing (or alternatively maybe I'll remove it and get water shooting into my face ;-)

cheers

Jules

Reply to
Jules Richardson

I do recommend them whenever I can. I had them out here about 4 years ago when the circuit breaker would intermittently trip. I looked down the well at night and saw really cool sparks and wild sounds! They pulled about another 60 feet past the static level and repaired 3 sections of wire where at sometime lightning hit it and fried the insulation. They may have changed a fitting or two, and also added plastic spacers that center the pipe and keep the wire from rubbing along the side of the well, none had been installed from new. I think it cost me about $225. I wouldn't even think of doing it myself at that price.

Reply to
Tony Miklos