No Maint Exterior Window Trim With Stucco

I am in need of suggestions:

I am building a house and am looking for a no-maint exterior trim for around my windows and garage door. The windows are vinyl with no brickmould. The siding will be coloured stucco. I would like a wide trim (approx 6"). Ideally the trim would be fluted (or a bit of a profile so it is not just flat) and would have a mitre cut.

I understand there are some engineered wood products but I hear that they are a bit pricy and they are not truly no-maint. Is it possible to use hollow vinyl trim (lineals) with stucco siding? Would the mitres not align nicely being that the product is hollow? The vinyls typically has a channel to accept more vinyl siding, would this present a problem with stucco? Is there any problem with expansion (possibly at the mitres, or where it meets the stucco)?

Should I bother with a vinyl solution or just get the engineered wood?

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
Wpg Man

There are many products now on he market. There are trim products from Hardie and his competition as well as several PVC products. Both come in nominal sizing with or without wood grain. The PVC products are very easy to work with and look great painted or unpainted.

Reply to
TinMan1332