New Trane gas furnace not heating (how to read red led)

We had a new Trane XL15i AC and Gas Furnace (not sure of the model, but it is not two stage) in May. This is the first time to use the heater and nothing happens. The AC worked fine, but when I went to switch to heat I got nothing. I tried turning the fan to manual/on but it did not make the normal noise that I recall the fan making (first sign of a problem). I did not see any indication that the squirrel cage blower is turning on. Gas is on. Tried resetting the furnace power, no change. The red led on the furnace is blinking

2x, but I am not sure what that means. I've already called the service but it will be a day or two and as far as we can tell, the heater hasn't worked at all while we were gone (5d) b/c the house is very cold.

Any thoughts? What shall I expect when the service person arrives? Lastly, should this be covered under the warranty (i have the extended as well)?

Reply to
Jo

It sounds like you need to get on the horn and tell the company that was so happy to take your money in May to get their arses out to your home NOW! Otherwise, the flashing code may be on the inside of one of the two doors. Look for it and let me know Bubba (I cant remember all those damn codes) :-)

Reply to
Bubba

Have you checked the manual that came with it? Or looked for the manuals on the Trane website?

Bob

Reply to
Bob F

It is blinking 2x and that means "external lockout". I am going to guess that it means it was unable to ignite the gas and so it has disabled itself. But somebody with more knowledge can chime in. But that does not sound as if it is simple. I did check some other appliances and the gas is working to the rest of the house. Since the valve is open at the furnace, I assume it is getting there as well.

Reply to
Jo

It damn well better be a warranty repair.

Reply to
Meat Plow

The codes for the LED are shown on the inside cover on our Trane unit.

Our warranty is 10 years.

Reply to
Rick Brandt

It should be under warranty and the manuals are your property and should have been left with you.

Reply to
M Q

Ohhh, so if the pvc intake is clogged with marbles, a bird, pea gravel, a golf ball, an egg, leaves etc or some other silly problem like that ..........it should be a warranty repair? Hell, maybe the gas valve or gas c*ck is still turned off? Maybe it has air in the line and was never bled? Maybe the pressure switch is stuck like a lot of them do on first start up? Either that or 100 other ideas. Bubba :-)

Reply to
Bubba