new thermometer

I broke the oral thermometer I'd had for 52 years and I bought a new "electronic" one. The mercury and alcohol ones seemed much thicker than they used to be.
From the warnings:
Do not use thermometer in car. Designed use is for oral, rectal, and armpit readings only.
Next line is a new topic. So apparently I can't put it in the tailpipe of my car to measure exhaust temperature. Darn.
On Sat, 04 Jul 2020 18:05:46 -0400, micky posted for all of us to digest...

Use it rectally first, then oral. Clean with armpit. What's the difference between oral and rectal? The taste. There is actually a difference between between temps as to where it's used. IIRC +1 rectal and -1 for armpit.
--
Tekkie

On 7/6/2020 4:13 PM, Tekkie� wrote:

Good suggestion. I hope he follows them.