New Propane Cylinder Hazard

Hi all,

If you use those large white exchangeable propane cylinders, here's a new hazard to be aware of:

Brass (or most any alloy containing copper) and ammonia don't play well together...

Erik

Reply to
Erik

On Thu, 19 Jun 2008 22:48:30 -0700 in rec.crafts.metalworking, Erik wrote,

In my opinion, not a problem that you are actually likely to encounter, unless you are buying a used tank from some sleazebag drug dealer on a street corner.

David Harmon

I agree its unlikely to actually get a damaged tank, but there's probably more meth cooking in your area (in any area) than you might think.

Dave

Reply to
spamTHISbrp

Old news and not likely to happen.