new pre-hung door installation question

I am getting a new pre-hung entry door installed. I am also putting down new

4ft square section of vinyl that you would step onto when entering the house. The subfloor is currently exposed. My question is;

Should the underlayment and vinyl go down first so that when the door is installed the threshold will cover it? Or do I wait for the door to be installed first and then install the underlayment and vinyl up to the edge of the threshold?

Thanks!

-Giles

Reply to
Giles Harney

Install the underlayment first, and if possible, the vinyl floor while the old door is out before the new door goes in.

Ideally, you want to install all finish materials after the floor is done, like baseboards, mouldings, etc...

Reply to
HA HA Budys Here

It is always best to trap finish flooring under the threshold.

putting down new

entering the

Reply to
DanG