New Oil Tank Line - Now no Circ Pump?

Just replaced the crushed Oil Line from the Oil tank to the furnace. (Got crushed by falling wood pile in celar (dont ask). Furnace runs fine, doesn't over pressurize etc. However circ pump doesn't start. Since we just moved into the house, we turned on a hot water heater we found in the celar that had the circuit breaker turned off. Wanted to use that while we waited to get the oil line replaced. My thought is that since the hot water tank was on, the circ pump on the furnace wont start because their's hot water already in the line? Just doesn't sound right. Turned off the water pump for the night hopping the furnace circ pump will eventually kick in. Am I way off base? Furnace didn't run for about 3 weeks. How can i force circ pump on to see if it's not frozen up (it looks like about 10 years old. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Dont have any idea on how to blead the lines, read that in another post.

Reply to
jeff

Hi,

It could be a control switch keeping it from coming on true. Try tracing back from the motor with a voltage meter and see where it leads. See if you have juice before and after each control. go from there

candice

Reply to
CLSSM00X7

Not true. Home Depot does sell circulators (at least here in S.E. PA). I know they carry B&G I'm not sure what else.

Lowes sells B&G as well as Taco. A Taco 007 is prolly all you'd need (If, of course, that's your problem).

Good luck.

Reply to
Bob Huckleby