New kitchen floor

I am interested in putting wood into our kitchen, dinette, mudroom (rooms flow together). We have had ceramics there for the past 18 years and are looking for a change. What should I be looking out for? Good idea, bad? Interested in your thoughts.

Reply to
edee em

Real wood ? Put about 5 coats of the best floor finish avalaible, I have 7 coats. I beleive that is water base. Also oil yellows. Maybe every 4 years have someone in to screen and recoat. Its a good idea.

Reply to
m Ransley

I'm not so sure about changing the mudroom if it truly is a MUDroom. Ceramics hold up better with snow and rain and sandy grit compared to wood.

What type of sub-floor do you have? If over a concrete slab, you have limited options; limited to laminates and engineered wood. I have Mannington engineered wood and like it a lot after five months. I have some WilsonArt laminate and after 5 years it still looks as good as the day it was installed, but it is not real wood. Durable and easy to clean though.

IMO, wood looks good on any floor anywhere. It will make a magnificent floor in the rooms. Go for it! Ed snipped-for-privacy@snet.net

Edwin Pawlowski