New Generator will not start

You live in hurricane country, and waited for the last minute to find a generator? Hmm.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

That's how I got my first genny, from a relative who didn't know this factoid.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Many say to fill it completely, there is a fill hole and it is supposed to be to the the top of the fill hole. I have several pieces of power equipment including a generator with that requirement. Overfilling these is impossible, they are designed to be idiot proof and don't even have dipsticks.

Reply to
Chris Hill

OK. The ones I've seen usually have a 2-3" dipstick in the fill cap.

Reply to
AZ Nomad

Good catch. However, depending on the type of oil filler, could be bad advice. If it's just the plug you pull off & fill to the line it won't hurt anything but if not, especially if it has a stick and you can put in a lot more than it's supposed to have, you're going to have suds, lots of heat, and a boat anchor if it runs for very long. but if the oil is low, a sensor could very well be a cause for not starting. Filling furhter than recommended isn't going to help anything. If it does, there are bigger problems with the unit.

Reply to
TWayne

That explains how one idiot makes it work

Reply to
TWayne

Did he blow a seal, or is that ice cream on his chin?

Reply to
Shanghai McCoy

A really good idiot will tip the generator on its side, and fill the hole at the top. You want me to overfill your generator? That's a challenge I can accept.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Hi it's a pleasure to find another person in Brooklyn trying to go off grid. Being an environmentalist of 22 years I've come across many products that has allowed me to partially be off grid. My goal is to be totally off grid by next year.

Please consider going green with your work.

I found a real simple guide for about $47 that has given me step by step instructions on making my first solar panel that I use to power various items throughout my home. I will be using it for my boiler system this winter so I am extremely excited about that.

The site that I received the information from was featured on an industry review forum title Innovated Assessment Solutions, Inc. Their website is

Good luck to you and stay green.

Reply to
life is great

You posted the same spam in at least two other news groups

Reply to
M Q