new commode

Sounds kind of like a Rialto. Was it this one?

The Toto (any of them) flushes better, but it doesn't have as large of a 'pond'.

RicodJour

Kohler Wellworth available at Lowes works well. We have put 3 in this house built in 2004 and had 3 in our previous home. We got the "Comfort height" models, 1.5" taller at the seat...easier on the old knees

Reply to
Rudy

It has a short tank but as short as it is, not nearly as short as the one we had when I was little or the one my friend has at work.

I think hers is about 25 years old. (Mine would be 64 now. It has a ceramic S-shaped (on its side) handle. )

I'm not at all sure having a short tank guarantees quietness. But the two I've used were both very quiet. You could barely hear them flush even if you were standing right there.

??

Reply to
mm

Water area.

RicodJour

You should hear the pressure-assisted toilet I installed a few years back. Enough to awaken even the soundest sleeper a couple of rooms away.

As for the "Wellworth" toilets - Kohler has made the Wellworth toilet for some time. Are you plugging that model by Kohler, or some other model by American Standard?

JK

Reply to
Big_Jake

I had one like that in a motel once. Like someone said, I thought a rocket had launched.

I took the cover off the tank, and then I tried to reach Jack Bauer to disarm the bomb inside.

Well it filled the tank and didn't look anything like any toilet I knew, but I was able to fall asleep in the bed anyhow.

Reply to
mm

American Standard has a Cadet line with 4" trap I have one it works very well & they don't plug up.

Reply to
JP

"trailer" wrote

Hehe it's ok, obvious typo.

That was me. Sometimes you can match, sometimes not. The toilet scres though will normaly match.

Good chance same brand will have something of same footprint. It will save you hassles with the floor covering if you can match it up. Larger also works if you cant match right on spot for it.

Reply to
cshenk

on 5/17/2009 1:05 PM (ET) trailer wrote the following:

I just saw an ad for a new toilet that has a two flush feature. A small flush for #1 and large flush for #2. I don't remember how that worked, or the brand name since my 24 year old American Standards are still working and I wasn't in the market. Here's a novel way to get rid of your old toilets (with pics).

willshak

-snip-

Own your own for $333 from Samsclub-

$679 for SS]

Jim

Reply to
Jim Elbrecht

Jim Elbrecht wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Thanks for the link, and I hope someone can use it. However, for a household with just 1 male, it doesn't seem cost-efficient, except for the novelty factor.

Reply to
Han

Cost efficient? If a home was about cost efficiency we'd all be living in trailers. I'm guessing that could be just the little touch to sell a mcmansion in a slow market.

Look how much effort you'd save in your lifetime if you never had to flush pee. A few calories saved a day. . . . less oxygen depleted from the atmosphere. . . . oh, and then there's that water saving thing.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Elbrecht