Have you ever worked with Muriatic acid, if not beware the fumes will
seriously damage your lungs, Muriatic is a fuming acid and there is no
way to avoid it, if you are in the pool likely the fumes will
concentrate and stay in the pool, A very good respirator is a must but
even that wont protect you 100%. It might be a job to pay to get done
and not subject your lungs to. Muriatic also eats galvanising off
pipes quickly, then they rust fast. I would not let acid sit in a
pool, but neutralise it or have it drain while being diluted with alot
of water. If pipes are pvc there is no issue but the drain may not be.
There is wrong and right way to do the job you need to research it.
Ive washed with muriatic and it made me sick for days from the fumes.
Tanks for the safety tips.
This is a shallow, 10,000 gallon pool. PVC pipes and sewer lines.
I'm being cautious and may hire the job out, but I now know more of
what to ask a company that would do the wash.
I'm leaning towards doing the job over a weekend....
My neighbor had to fill in his pool , he said over years of cleaning
with acid the drain leaked and the pool would not hold water anymore,
bleach kills mold, soap might work, research before you clean it.
HomeOwnersHub.com is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here.
All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.