Neutral prong on Christmas light plug

On 12/17/2012 2:44 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

Actually, I've never seen that and I have lots of light strings of various age and lengths. That's just plain wrong. I don't know how it could have been UL approved.

Simple. They print the labels in China and put them on - what do you mean "approved"???
In article <1310476926377401614.235313teamarrows-

Things made in China frequently have "little problems" like this. Either because they can't read U.L electrical standards which are in English, or because they just don't care.
Report the product to the US Consumer Product Safety Commission. They already have tons of recalls on Chinese made electrical products which are counterfeit or unsafe. This will add to the list...
Here is an example of WHY plugs are polarized - makes changing a regular light bulb safer... http://www.familyhandyman.com/DIY-Projects/Electrical/Electrical - Repair/wiring-a-plug-replacing-a-plug-and-rewiring-electronics/View-All