Needed a transition...

About 8'6" to bridge the gap between a Pergo floor and vinyl tile. The box stores only had 8' and 4' lengths. Oh, what to do.

So I went to a custom wood shop that sells stuff like that. They had a catalog of shapes and I found the one I wanted. Next was what type of wood? White Oak, Red Oak, Pine, Maple, Birch, all the way to Walnut.

I chose the White Oak since I was going to stain it. Next choice was length. It comes in lengths from 4' to 20' in 2' increments. I chose 10'.

"That'll be $12.99 including tax," said the fellow. "Take this paper around to the warehouse."

I went to the warehouse.

They had pallet loads - if you can call them that - of timber, each as large as a ship container, stacked up 30 feet high, of Walnut, Teak, Mahogany, Olive, Rosewood, Ebony, and others. Each "plank" in the pallets was like 4" thick, 16" wide, and 20 feet long. Truly awesome.

Gave my paper to a worker, he handed me my piddly stick.

Reply to
HeyBub