Need Waterproof Glue

I really need a non-biodegradable, self-sealing, heavy-duty, absolutely water-tight plasic bag, at least four feet by two feet but I was unable to find anything like this from any packaging supplier. I figure I can glue together two sides of a shower curtin but I need an adhesive that is very secure and water tight. Home Depot did not seem to have anything like this. Any ideas on what product would work and where to get it ? Stephen

Reply to
The One

What about one of those "space bags"? The kind you see on TV that they put clothes in and vacumn out the air? They show those being submirsed in water, no leakage.

Reply to
Brian V

There are some very large "spacebags" that would probably fufill your requirements. Check Walmart.

CWM

Reply to
Charlie Morgan

I susprct that the OP's requirement of "heavy duty" may disqualify the "space bag" type things. After all, the OP is looking at something as thick as a shower curtain or his do it yourself bag.

A looong time ago, (mid 1980s) when I had less sense, I used to do serious white water rafting. A local equipment store around here used to sell big "sea bag" size plastic / rubber bags that were sealable at the top through ian ntricate system of folds and "buttons". These thing were the size of an old Navy seabag of the kind you saw in some WWII era movies. They did keep your spare clothes and camp stove and cooking gear dry, even if you did roll your raft and dump the bag into a class 4 or 5 rapids.

Those were not locally (Portland, OR) mad, but I have no recollection of a brand name or manufacturer. Theywere not cheap.

Perhaps if there is an R.E.I. store (big outfitting chain) or a Cabelas (sp?) nrear the OP one of those outfits mayhave something appropriate.

Reply to
jJim McLaughlin

??

AQUATANK WATER BAGS

30-300 gallon

-- Oren

Oren

Bags like this are heat sealed not glued.

You would need to find a vinyl glue if you want to glue a plastic shower curtain together. Even if you found a glue to do this I doubt it would fulfill your strength requirements. Also, this glue would most likely have to melt the two pieces together like glue used for PVC drain pipe.

I think you are going to have to look for bags designed for boating like white water rafting or kayaking.

Reply to
Cliff Hartle

Flexible PVC shower liner and PVC cement from the plumbing dept.

Reply to
Richard J Kinch

Try water based contact cement from any hardware store. Solvent base would be OK if it doesn't deteriorate your plastic.

Reply to
dadiOH

You can usually buy 50 Gallon polyethylene barrels for around $20. Would one of those work, or does it need to be a bag? What are you burying? and for how long?

Reply to
Goedjn

Not what.... Who :o)

This is all very >