Need extra-large double gang socket plate. Thanks!

Greetings all!

I was roped onto the usenet in the early 1990's, and have always been impressed by the "ask any recondite question and get a plethora of meaningful responses" policy that seems to prevail in this venue. And at present, I am feeling particularly recondite:

As a result of some drywall mayhem, I need a double-gang socket plate (four sockets) that is larger than the usual size. Doesn't have to be gargantuan...maybe an inch larger in all directions than the standard variety. Brown would be great, tiki/tropical/surf theme even better, but extra-large is the main criterion. Thanks in advance for any advice!

Chuck

Reply to
dncmullin

Overcut your drywall really bad, huh?

DanG

Reply to
nospambob

On 12/28/2004 3:27 AM US(ET), snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com took fingers to keys, and typed the following:

Face plates come in various widths and heights. I have found that the stamped metal plates are somewhat larger than the plastic ones, but not by an inch all around. There's always joint compound to fix those overcuts.

Reply to
willshak

If that was the case, spackle would be your friend.

later,

tom @

newsgroups01REMOVEME

They sell oversized plates at most home improvement stores

Reply to
Mikepier

Go to an electrical supply house and ask for a king size two gang duplex wall plate. If they don't have it in stock, they can get it. Your choice of colors may be limited, but you can always spray paint it. I recommend that you get a metal one for strength.

John Grabowski

John Grabowski
  • Vote on answer
  • posted

John

Reply to
John‰]

If you still have the original socket plate, I would suggest doing the drywall repair.

That way you're done for good and any desire to change plates later can be executed without any extra work.

cheers Bob

Reply to
Bob K 207

Others all have good suggestions. Best is to tape and mud up to the box. My option in about the same condition was to remove the box, re-size opening for a 3-gang box and then put a dummy switch in the 3rd slot. Harry K

Reply to
Harry K