Need Electrician in Northern VA!

Hello

I am in need of an electrician in Northern Va (Woodbridge) who is experienced with installing Intermatic timers on water heaters.

Please contact me either via email: snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com

or

via phone : 866-601-4106

Thanks

B. MOntgomery

Reply to
FlagshipOne

Here is a posting from someone who did what you propose:

Just wondering here from other home owners...

I bought a brand new house (now about a year and a half old), and even though I regret it completely now, I skimped on some stuff as I was building to save money thinking I could do it cheaper later. For example, the builder was charging $600 / 4 recessed lights when I saw ads in the paper daily for people doing it for half that or less.

Little did I realize at the time, that I would pay more then that in drywall repair. Either that, or I didn't think I would find such lazy retrofit electricians who refused to cleanly snake wires rather then cut holes.

Anyways, if I haven't bored you yet :), I had recessed lights put in 3 bedrooms, downstairs in the living/family room, bathroom fans installed and rear surround in-ceiling speakers and a cable outlet moved.

This resulted in a hole in my bedroom wall, a hole in one of the walls of the office and a hole in one of the bathrooms and TEN holes in my living room wall and ceiling.

The electricians recommended "great" drywall guys and said I wouldn't even notice the patch work.

Of course the patch work is quite obvious, the textures don't match, some of the patches are horrible, etc. and the patches were spot painted, so the paint job stands out.

So now that I am done with all the electrical stuff, I wanted to bring in a pro to skim coat the damaged walls and ceilings and prime and paint everything to match.

I had wanted to do this to 4 or 5 walls and a one or two ceilings. I expected a ball park figure of about $1500 to $2000 and a 2 or 3 day job. And was quite happy to pay that to fix all the damage since it was driving me nuts.

ANYWAYS... I brought someone in this morning to give me an estimate, and when he saw the damage I wanted to repair he basically said I was wasting his time, picking the job apart and that I wouldn't be happy with any job they did, and he refused to even give an estimate and walked out.

Is what I want to do "done"? Am I being too picky or would other home owners in the same boat do the same? I talked to a few friends at work, some said it would drive them crazy too, others said I was being picky. But no one new if this was a normal thing to do???

My feeling is the guy was unprofessional to put down what I wanted to do even if he didn't agree. If I want to pay him $2000 to waste his time for 3 days, he should shut up and let it be wasted.

I have another guy coming in for an estimate on Wed. and I will take a different approach with him... I will not point out anything. I will just say I want this,, this, etc retextured... how much?

I have tried two drywall guys and both were horrible. I figured just pay the two thousand, have a perfect texture and move on with my life.

I am not expecting the entire house to match perfectly and be flawless, since the whole point of orange peel texture is to hide the flaws of lazy / sloppy construction, but I don't think I am "out of my mind" as this contractor put it, to expect wall surfaces to have a matched texture across the entire surface...

Reply to
John Grabowski

My mistake. I wanted to post this somewhere else. Sorry.

Reply to
John Grabowski