Need chain link fence advice..stretcher

Replacing old chain link fence only. Old posts remain. I have 36 inch high black coated aluminum fence. I bought new end bars and ties. Is there an easy, proven way to do this without a fence stretcher bar? It runs about 40 feet long.

Reply to
Thomas

Probably, but I'd ask about renting a tool rather than rigging up something. Where did you buy the fencing? Ask them about borrowing one.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Do you have a come along?

Reply to
gfretwell

  Don't need one , just wrap a piece of rope a few turns (spaced apart a couple of links per) around both the post and the end bars and pull on the ends . Might take a bit of fiddlin' but it works .
Reply to
Terry Coombs

Thanks Terry. I needed the confidence just to know it could be done. It is done by me this morning with no helper. I used the rope and a rachet tie strap used on big rigs. It looks great.

Reply to
Thomas