Need carpets, Salem NH area

Hello... this is currently just for one living room, not formal, any recommendations on reputable sellers/installers would be appreciated. (So far we have only dealt with the local Home Depot, and are displeased that they are reneging on a free-pad offer after we paid $30 for measuring.)

TIA

Steve L.

Reply to
Steve L.

Just wanted to follow up on this... the issue at Home Depot turns out to have been a clerical/computer type error which I was able to get resolved painlessly with a brief visit to the store.

SL

Reply to
ssslapierre

But a reputable carpet dealer will not charge for measuring. I took my rough measurements to the store. We looked at carpet, got a price per yard and ball park for what was needed. They came and measured (because they have to fit the carpet, not just X square feet), finalized the price and placed the order.

They were very competitive with any store around and have some very good installers.

Do you really believe the padding is free? Ed

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

No, it actually was never a free pad thing, they simply did not extend out all the items on their initial quote. I assume the measuring deposit is just to protect themselves, it gets rebated or whatever in the final price if you complete the transaction.

SL

Reply to
S.L.