Need advice - bathroom project

I'd like to add texture to the walls in the bathroom using the following formula. There's not much of a mildew problem in that room except on the wall over the tub. I'd like to mix fungicide with spackle, tempera powder (paint) and add tiny colored stones such as that used in a fish tank. I would apply it with deliberate brush like strokes. Will the fungicide be enough to prevent mildew in the bathroom area? Will the fungicide need to be applied every year? Thanks

Reply to
wipeout64

There is no safe application that I am aware of that will correct a mold problem for any reasonable length of time. The proper solution is to get the area dry and then keep it dry.

Why is the wall over the tub supporting mold? Is there a leak?

Do you have an exhaust fan?

Reply to
Charles Schuler

What Fungicide. Get Bleach, it kills mold-fungus-a plant or whatever it is. If the "environment" is the same , the mold will like it and come back to visit.

Reply to
m Ransley

I do texture bathrooms, but not bathroom with showers and tubs in them. Texture holds moisture. I also use a semi gloss paint in wet areas and a bath fan!

RV

Reply to
Evo

Reply to