Need AC operation explained ! ! !

Actually, your central AC or window AC will work very nicely if it is warm inside and it is 40F outside.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Oh, gosh, let me count the ways. More inserted.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Stormin Normin . My portable room dehumidifier and most , will freeze up below 60f. My refrigerator Kenmore , New , states not to operate it in room temperatures below 50 or 55 , { I forget } Im sure similar principles apply to central AC , One unit I have has a heater built in , and another of same brand I was told doesnt, both are Lennox. My installer said dont operate my AC below 55.

Reply to
mark Ransley

Actually, NO it wont.

Window units now have a outdoor thermostat, that prevents the compressor from operation when the temps are below the makers setpoint, NORMALLY

58F...or there abouts..

Reply to
CBHvac

Cold air temperature in the garage will result in low condensing temperature. If the air is cold enough eventually there will not be much of a pressure difference between the condenser and the evaporator. When this happens the flow through the expansion device does not work properly, and the entire refrigeration cycle is disrupted.

As stated earlier, a fan speed control will reduce the airflow through the condenser, reulting in higher condensing temperatures. A head pressure control valve can also be used to artifically increase the condensing temperature and allow for low air temperature operation.

Reply to
Craig

And all of your comments are quite irrelevant to what I said. Oh, well.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Im no HVAC Pro , but what I beleive is missing here, in this thread is . ? Many exterior Ac condensor units are different as to its design and encompasing operating parameters or tollerances for operating temperatures. Within a given range of ? degrees ? But All are within an apx 15 degree range of one another . And All are unique as to low operating temp , for resideniial units. This is around 54 to 58 degrees ???? Refrigerators , are different my Sears says 50 to 55 minumum .. My dehumidifer says 60 before freeze up and defrost cycle I am learning

Reply to
mark Ransley

And you cant answer what he asked?

Oh..btw....you ARE keeping up with the thread you started in AHVAC are you not?

Look..when you want to be bought out, let one of us know.

Reply to
CBHvac

Hi Stormin, hope you are having a nice day

On 18-Aug-03 At About 01:26:01, Stormin Mormon wrote to All Subject: Re: Need AC operation explained ! ! !

SM> From: "Stormin Mormon"

SM> Actually, your central AC or window AC will work very nicely if it is SM> warm inside and it is 40F outside.

You are totally wrong here. anything less than 60 degrees or so will probably freeze the coil and damage the compressor.

-=> HvacTech2

Reply to
HvacTech2

Hi Stormin, hope you are having a nice day

On 18-Aug-03 At About 01:30:01, Stormin Mormon wrote to All Subject: Re: Need AC operation explained ! ! !

SM> From: "Stormin Mormon"

SM> Oh, gosh, let me count the ways. More inserted.

SM> --

SM> Christopher A. Young Learn more about Jesus

.. ..

SM> CY: And what does freezing evap have to do with the outdoor temp?

because the low outdoor ambient lowers the head pressure too much

SM> CY: Huh? Not heard of this.

You really need more field experience there son.

-=> HvacTech2

Reply to
HvacTech2