My anti-tailgater attachment

I have the bumper sticker "Horn broken... Watch for finger!"

Reply to
none

I made the mistake in high school of mentioning my idea of a fire extinguisher in the trunk of a vehicle and having it aimed at the vehicle behind with a remote firing mechanism.

Of course one of my buddies stole a large fire extinguisher and had a friend aim it out the back window at a tailgater. Nearly caused a wreck.

========

John wrote:

Why deal in fantasies? You can order one of these *today*.

John

Reply to
Gideon

John,

Many of the serious "street rodders" still do this. They come to our community for a huge show 2 out of every 5 summers. I've never attended the actual fair grounds show with thousands of street rods because we get to see hundreds in the many parking lots of the motels extremely close to us. Plus, we get to see the daytime cruising and the evening antics, which include drag racing and the famous "afterburners." I've been under the impression that the afterburners now include tanks dumping propane gas into the end of the exhaust pipes.

Gideon

===============

John wrote:

Well, in the 50's, the trick was to drill a hole in the tailpipes near the end, tap a couple of threads in and screw in a couple of spark plugs. Wire them to a Model T spark coil and a switch. Wind the engine up tight in second gear, flip the switch and the plugs would ignite the unburned fuel leaving the tailpipes resulting in six foot columns of flame from each pipe. It would scare the crap out of you at night.

Ahhh the good old days....

John

Reply to
Gideon

Reply to
Beeper

Only "NEARLY" ? Too bad it didn't cause a wreck. All tailgaters should go out in a giant ball of fire...... Hmmmmm, that means a fire extinguisher should not be used unless it's full of gasoline....

Reply to
..h.....

I don't know which is worse, the idiot blocking the left lane in front of me or the AH tailgating me...

Reply to
BobN

Reply to
straydog

I find that having a 2x6 or two tied to the roof-rack with enough slack to let them shift around is generally enough to make people give me some room.

Reply to
Goedjn

These might work too:

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia

Truly the best approach. Let the dumb so and sos serve as trooper bait.

-- Tom H

Reply to
HorneTD

A number of years ago, I was going well over 80 in a 55 zone, passing a long line of slower traffic, when some fool roared right up behind me and started honking his horn and flashing his lights. Okay, if you want me out of your way that badly... I found a place to move over, let him pass, and moved back out into the left lane and resumed speed. Not three minutes later, he hit a speed trap.

I honked the horn and waved as I went by. :-)

Doug Miller

Something very similar to this happened to me and my friend in our wilder days. He had one of those German Ford Capris and was always trying to show it off around other people. One time he picked the wrong guy, some 70s American muscle car. He rode his ass for 1/8th mile or so and even though the other car could have just blown us away he turned on this spotlight attached to the rear deck of his car and blinded us like we were in interrogation rooms. Needless to say my friend backed off instantly and kept his distance the rest of the way.

Reply to
badgolferman

If someone is really following close, I clean my windshield. Lots of fluid.... Invariably I get to see the slob following too close have to switch his wipers on as well. It never ceases to put a smile on my face.

Reply to
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

I once knew of someone who had replaced the bumper on his car (a few years old) with a hunk of 4" C-channel...

Nothing like a car that says, "an impact won't be felt by me" to keep others at bay.

Reply to
Calvin Henry-Cotnam

Perfect answer Beeper!

Reply to
dean

I once had a 1977 Cadillac Sedan De Ville. Unfortunately, I got it in

1992. The body was three or four different shades of white, most applied with a spray can, crowned with a weatherbeaten sky-blue vinyl top. It had a 480-odd cu. in. engine. It was 5100 pounds of rumbling indifference to the actions of idiotic neighboring drivers. It got to using nearly as much transmission fluid as gasoline, but I loved the sheer audacity of that car.

Gregv Guarino

Reply to
Greg G