Multi stage blowers effect on high Seer heatpump? HVAC

We are still looking to put in a heating and cooling unit. We are considering Geothermal. One of the heater techs recommended just going with a 19 seer heat pump with oil back up.

I know that to get the extremely high seer rating the heat pumps need a

variable speed blower. No oil furnaces have variable speed blowers they

have multi speed blowers. The tech told me I would lose 1 seer off a 19

seer unit with an oil furnace with multi speed blower. Is this true? We

are trying to lower our dependence on oil. We would like to go as high a seer as we can. No reason to switch to another type of back up heat. The up front cost is not worth it.

All the info is very appreciated!

Thanks!

Reply to
wellwood