MR16 Halogen bulb

Whats the trick to changing these mr16 lightbulbs? This is the light:

*15932*15935 The replacement bulbs look like this:

I can't get the old ones out. I got the light assembly thing off the track but I can't get the bulb out. Is there a special tool for this?

Reply to
Kathy

The bulb just pulls straight out. You can wiggle it a little to help slide it out. If it won't come out, the pins may be corroded. You can take a shoelace or piece of twine (don't use wire) and wrap it around the bulb a time or two and use that to pull with more force.

HTH,

Paul

Reply to
Paul Franklin

tool

to help

force.

well I finally got one out. Getting the new one in is near impossible. Fuckin IKEA.

Reply to
Kathy

*15932*15935>

Long skinny fingers.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

I don't have them, but is there a way to get the bulb socket to push out of the reflector shell? Maybe a twist on the socket? Perhaps you saved the instructions?

Reply to
willshak