Mower motor won't spin

My walk-behind has a blade clutch (centrifical)

Reply to
clare

... how is it for pushing around .. :-) John T.

Reply to
hubops

His point is that the supplier can not operate at a loss for any significant period. Therefor they will price items to accommodate what ever walmart forces them to eat. At the end of the day you the consumer pay for mistakes on both sides on the coin.

Reply to
lawrence.jamesnc

Or another way of saying it is that Walmart can't defy the basic laws of microeconomics.

Reply to
trader_4

e:

ly don't know what suppliers deal with catering to Walmart.

icant period. Therefor they will price items to accommodate what ever walm art forces them to eat. At the end of the day you the consumer pay for mis takes on both sides on the coin.

...they've tried...and they're backpedaling some...

Reply to
bob_villain

Not bad at all with 20 inch bicycle wheels on the back - and the option of having them driven by puilling a simple lever to engage the drive rollers

Reply to
clare

Walmart sets the price - you accept it and you are a supplier. You don't, you aren't. If you got 1.93 for something this year, you'll get $1.83 next year.If not they will find someone in india or vietnam to make it for $1.63 (including shipping)

Reply to
clare

Someone told me once of a supplier who refused a Walmart contract. It was massively huge contract for millions of items. However, WM priced the bid so low that the company would have lost money if they had accepted.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

You can say no, but people don't and get in trouble.

Google Vlasic pickle & walmart and Snapper mower & walmart. One said no, the other did not.

Our company used to make parts for a major appliance company. They came to us and demanded lower price and rebate on pat business. We said no and lost it to a competitor. They filed chapter 11 a year later.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Which of course has nothing to do with what the poster stated.

Reply to
trader_4

Exactly. Economics 101 still applies.

Reply to
trader_4

I worked for a guy that sold to Wal Mart. Wal Mart told him to meet a certain price point or they would give their business to China. They didn't give a damn about his patents.

The stories he told about Wal Mart.

He eventually sold his company to a German company.

I won't buy batteries or anything else from Wal Mart that I need quality on as I know the manufacturers were so chiseled down that what gets shipped are all the seconds and "almost" rejected parts.

Had a customer buy a computer from Wal Mart at a really good price. Tried to upgrade it from a 32 bit OS to a 64 bit OS and found out why it was so cheap. The Motherboard had a defect on it such that it could only support a 32 bit OS, even though it was spec'ed to support 64 bit. She orders customer computer from me ever since. She likes having someone to call that speaks English and is nice to her. Plus my stuff just works and doesn't crap out every year. Cost of ownership can kill you.

As Stromin' dad said. A poor man can't afford a cheap shirt.

For some reason, thread drift appears common on Usenet lists. I've never made much sense of why that is. Now, I'm trying to decide between pepperoni pizza in the microwave, or beef ravioli to help me stay on topic.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Almost killed Vlasic Pickles. Almost killed RedWing shoes. Several other companies have said getting the walmart contract was the beginning of the end. One of my customers supplies Walmart - and they say they have to really be carefull not to" buckle in" (pun intended - they sell belts

- -) and end up loosing money on every product they sell

Reply to
clare

Skip the micro and put it in a real oven. It's worth the wait.

Reply to
Tommy

I wear Red Wings but I don't buy them at Walmart. I did make the mistake of buying a pair of Herman's Survivors there about 15 years ago. The only relation the cheap Chinese junk had to the original Survivors was the name, which Walmart bought.

Reply to
rbowman

3C == Cheap Chinese Crap

And the American consumer can't get enough of it.

Preferably gas.

Reply to
Chen Cheng