Mower diagrams available ???????

My neighbor has a Murray mower with a 6HP B&S motor. Don't have model number or other info. It is ELECTRONIC IGNITION.

He gets NO SPARK.

I checked the flywheel key and it is not sheared or distorted.

I peeked under the flywheel and DON'T SEE anything under there - certainly NOT points as in old engines.

Only thing that looks like a key part in the ignition is the armature which is about $50.

1) Any sites on the internet with exploded diagrams for engines ??????? Sears Parts Central has great info but you must give their MODEL number to search for items and this is NOT a Sears mower.

2) Any ideas on how to fix this without taking it to the nice mower man ???

TIA

Reply to
Conase

Hi, If no ign. usually ign. module is defective. Just replace it. Tony

Reply to
Tony Hwang

First, I would look for a shorted kill switch wire.

Reply to
Andy Asberry

There will be nothing under the flywheel (except the rapid-stop brake shoe). The ignition is entirely self-contained. The module, of course, is external to the flywheel.

Typically, if you can find a module that fits physically & has a long enough coil wire, that'll do.

Reply to
Robert Barr

I can't tell a flywheel from a gas tank, but hubby says I do good internet searches. I searched on ' murray mower "briggs & stratton motor" ' and found this:

promising. They have a "parts inquiry" form, as well as lots of pics of thingamajigs like starters :o)

Reply to
Norminn