Moving heavy appliances/furniture?

Last spring I had new floors installed in my kitchen and laundry room. The fellow doing it was able to move all the heavy appliances by himself (refer, washer/dryer). He used some kind of skids that were long strips, maybe 6-8" wide by 4' long. Must have had some silicone or something slippery on the bottom. He tipped the appliance and shoved the strips under the feet. Anyone know what I'm talking about? Where I can get some? TIA, Cheryl

Reply to
Cheryl

home depot. walmart. lowes.

Reply to
Charles Spitzer

Not too sure about what he used, but I have used old carpet to allow appliances to slide for moving. DK

Reply to
DanK

This is a popular and very effective trick that pro movers use. Get your carpet pieces from free samples at any carpet store and use them upside down. Or check the curbs on trash day in your neighborhood. There are so many people replacing carpet with hardwood flooring these days that you shouldn't have to drive more than a block,ot two. HTH

Joe

Reply to
Joe Bobst

Yes, carpeting would work on smooth floors. But what about moving furniture over carpet? The strips used by the floor installer were smooth and hard, like heavy, thick plastic. Cheryl

Reply to
Cheryl

Cheryl, the website

has a listing for furniture skids which is what you're looking for. Four-foot model costs $27.99 for the pair.

Hope this helps.

- Spellcheck

Reply to
Spellcheck