Mounting 11x4.00x4 tire

Got a nice new replacement tire for my mower. Old one was a bitch to get off. New one is half on. The second side tire bead slips faster than I can move the irons.

Any great techniques someone can share?

Reply to
Jim

Pair of vice-grips locked on the rim works as a stop point...

--

Reply to
dpb

On Wed, 09 Jul 2008 12:52:35 -0500, dpb wrote Re Re: Mounting 11x4.00x4 tire:

If this is a tubless tire, be careful not to nick the rim where it meets the tire bead.

Reply to
Caesar Romano

Caesar Romano wrote: ...

_VERY_ difficult to get them where would be a problem--you place them on the outer edge, not all the way across the whole formed rim...not to mention they don't have to be particularly tight.

--

Reply to
dpb

Add a dilute of dish soap and water, just around the bead of the tire. It WILL mount the rim easier.

Reply to
Oren

What everyone else said + I made a tire iron out of a pice of tubing flattened on one end. You need to dress off all the sharp edges, but a 3' tire iron gives you the leverage you need. Also, make sure the part that is on drops to the center of the rim, to give you as much slack as possible

Reply to
Eric in North TX