Most efficient water heater?

wrote

Basically what we're talking about with the efficiency of water heaters is the percentage of the energy that's put into the system that actually gets applied to the task of heating water. And, of course, a lot depends on where you define the boundary of the system.

Reply to
Ernest Scribbler

Yes I knew I was wrong the moment I posted it. I was thinking of electric heating and forgot that when heating water some heat would be lost to the room.

Reply to
CWatters

A GUI is available to look up the efficiency of any water heater, residential or commercial at

For example, residential hot water heater efficiency can be obtained at
Or, just call GAMA at 908-464-8200

Donna

Reply to
Donna Ohl

What a poorly designed page! I gave up. Most annoying is each time you return to the page to make a change it clears all your input away and you have to reinput everything.

And it does not seem to include the model GPHE-50 (AO Smith Vertex) that I just had installed.

Don (e-mail link at home page bottom).

Reply to
Don Wiss

Go to link - PDF file - pg. 15 (document page 217) 4th entry down for A.O. Smith

$FILE/12-07-gas-cwh.pdf Also:

SRN

Are you sure maybe you just arent searching correctly? When you do a "Run Query" and it comes back with no results DONT hit the back button on your browser. Use the "Modify Query" on the page. It rolls back and there is all your past info you typed. Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

But....but.... but.... thats just too easy!! it makes too much sense!!

Reply to
Noon-Air

Take a look at Voyager water heaters similar to the AO Smith Cyclone. They (Voyager) have stainless heat exchangers. It's the recovery rate and efficiencies that you want to pay attention too.

Reply to
csstouffer