more vermin

Can critters (read:mice/rats) get in thru a ridge vent? We have a lot of trees, and I have seen them on the roof. And they are in my attic.

Reply to
booger

Not if the ridge vent is intact and installed properly. However they can eat through almost anything including 2x4s and metal flashing and sewer pipes.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

In article , trswan1 @yahoo.com says... :) Can critters (read:mice/rats) get in thru a ridge vent? We have a lot :) of trees, and I have seen them on the roof. And they are in my attic. :) Mice can get into dime sized openings and rats can get into quarter sized holes.

Reply to
Lar

After meeting a rat on the kitchen stairs at 3 a. m. I am a)keeping the stair lights on--they dislike light--and b) just put down 8 chunks of rat poison last night. Three were gone this morning. zemedelec

Reply to
Zemedelec

The problem with poison is you never know where they are going to end up dying and then stink up the house.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan