more garage door questions

Hello, a.h.r.

I'd like to use you again as a sounding board for my current projects. I'm refinishing a garage door that has seen a lot of weathering.

q1) The thing squeaks like a son of gun. Would a person best spray with wd or apply machine oil right on the knuckle?

One can represent the panels as a 4 x 5 matrix. The top panel or row doesn't come out flush on the top. There's no adjusting the height of track for the rollers without basically redo-ing the whole thing. (Not happening.)

q2) Should I maybe take off some from the bottom panel to make the overall height of the door shorter?

q3) I have to make a dutchman in a couple places where rail meets stile and the wood has been weathered away. So I'm gonna need a router bit to match the stiles in this very common look for garage doors. Is there a well-known shape for such router bits, like roman ogee?

Thanks for your comment, and cheers,

Uno

Reply to
Uno

Have you priced garage doors lately? IMO, your project seems like a tremendous effort for a small result. The structure has obviously settled, and may continue to do so. For that reason, it makes sense to start over with something that cold last more than a year or two.

Joe

Reply to
Joe