monoclonal ABs was: The Vaccinated Are Worried ...

[snip, also clipped attribs]

We're in flyover country, MI, in an area with an 80 or so pct (yes, that high..) of adult vaccine rate.

Neighbor of ours with high risk factors called us a couple of days ago about 1 pm, in bad shape.

Six months ago she'd have probably decided to stay home and then... the next afternoon, crashed..

We convinced her to get to the hospital and I even offerred to drive them as they didn't know where it was (they're newish here) [a].

First, though, we confirmed the local hospital had the monoclonal anti body cocktail. They did.

Five minutes later they got into their car, I got into mine and drove in front. Fortunately it was a straight six mile drive.

They went in, got treated with the AB's and some other stuff, felt a hell of a lot better five hours later, and are now home doing great.

[a] I'll admit that despite being vaccinated with the Dolly Parton shot, I was crossing my fingers while thinking of how much risk I'd be at even with open car windows and wearing commodity grade masks... I breathed a sigh of relief when we used two cars.
Reply to
danny burstein