Moisture behind wall, how to fix?

I have a rental house I am re-doing the bathroom on and I have stripped out the sheetrock and I find the lower edge of the wall is damp. The wood is sound; this is slab on grade construction, with a stucco finish.

I suspect that the moisture is wicking up from outside.

So what is the fix? Some sort of trench gravel thing or just pour a small concrete curb around the house?

Reply to
Roger Shoaf

start by looking at the overall slope of the land. if thats the drainage point, where everything slopes to, you need to fix that first.

randy

Reply to
xrongor

If this is the newer synthetic stucco, it has caused serious problems in many applications. Do a GOOGLE for: EIFS + stucco + problems (or similar search).

Jim

Reply to
Speedy Jim

This is a problem.

The lot is very flat. I don't have any puddles directly around the house but all the soil is soggy.

Reply to
Roger Shoaf

Not synthetic stucco, I have the real McCoy, three coat, put on by a guy named Guido, stucco.

Reply to
Roger Shoaf