Moen Diverter in Jacuzzi-style tub

We just bnought a new house with a Jacuzzi-style tub with a handheld shower. The diverter (Moen) is mounted on the side of the tub and doesn't stay up. We suspect either the cartridge is bad or the diverter was never installed properly to begin with (inlet/outlet switched). I can take apart the diverter, but the access to the connections to the diverter is buried deep in the side of the tub. The tub is surrounded by tile. Is there anyway to fix the diverter without removing the tile from the side of the tub?

Thanks, Jeff

Reply to
markusj

Jeff,

Still in the process of a bathroom remodel including installation of a Jacuzzi tub (Luxura 5). It is probably not like yours, as it has an integral skirt with access panels along front edge. That allows access to pump and motor and front side fittings, including the controls. No diverter involved, as the handheld shower will get the water wnen the spout plunger is pulled up, in the usual manner. Should I ever need to get at the fittings along the back edge of the tub I'll break through the wall from the adjacent room, and then install access panels there.

I believe tubs without builtin access panels are often installed with access panel(s) at least at the motor/pump end. Check the walls in adjacent rooms.

Ed

without

Reply to
Jag Man

I found the access panel for the motor. Unfortunately, from there there is no access to the diverter. I also realized (obviously) the tub surround is plywood with tile on top - so getting to the diverter is even more of a chore!

Jeff

Reply to
markusj