Microwave odd behavior

Panasonic microwave, maybe 8 years old. Suddenly noticed new, odd behavior. When I went to remove something, the carousel was turning with the door open. I first thought that maybe a relay had failed, shorted closed. But then I realized that with the door closed but the microwave not activated, it stops. Soon as I open the door it starts turning again. Turns while heating too. I thought maybe it got in some strange software state, so I pulled the plug and then restored power. Still does it. Seems almost like it's a feature that got activated somehow? Like it's not necessarily a bad thing, if you have something in there and it's towards the back, in a few seconds, it's up front. But if it's a feature, IDK how it got activated, unless there is some secret key sequence that does it. But then you'd think with the power removed, it would revert back to normal. Ideas? Anyone see this in any other microwave?

Reply to
trader_4

My Panasonic Inverter NNST 651W just started to take 50+ seconds to heat a cup-o-coffee ! .. previously 42 seconds. It's those commie ruskies ! John T.

Reply to
hubops

I have no idea as to the cause, but I don't agree with this statement:

"But then you'd think with the power removed, it would revert back to normal."

Lots of appliances/devices have non-volatile memory and will remember user customizations after power failures, etc. Usually there is some key sequence required to restore factory defaults.

(I've got 2 battery powered fish feeders that I wish would remember their programming. PITA to program them every time we go away for a few days. I should upgrade.)

Reply to
Marilyn Manson

Easy fix. Just have fish & chips for dinner the night before you go away.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Funny you should mention that. Last night SWMBO made fish sticks with some Cod and and I made seasoned fries. Everything came out great.

Reply to
Marilyn Manson