Metal Re-Roof on "Hip" Ranch?

Hi. After a few bad experiences with alleged roofing contractors who turned out only to be rip-off artists (in both senses of the word), I'm considering a metal roof for a major re-roofing job that would necessitate removal and replacement of a great deal of plywood on this

30+ year-old ranch.

The problem is the roof style is hip, and there's no way the family can afford to change the architectural structure of the home to gable.

If anyone can point me to sites where this problem has been discussed, I'd appreciate hearing from you here.

Thanks.

Reply to
tioga0630

You seem to think that a metal hip roof is a problem. If so, I suggest you drive around and look at existing metal roofs. A lot of fast food structures use hipped metal roof toppings for their box.

The important point is to find an excellent installer.

TB

Reply to
tbasc

What "problem" would that be?????

Any installer who is not a nit wit should be able to handle a hip or a valley. Maybe a DIY can't but a contractor????