Metal nut to plastic female T leaks

Hello all,

I installed a Brondell bidet on an existing toilet on the orders of the boss here at home.

She told me that she is seeing water on the floor.

I usually hand tighten nuts when I deal with plastic, since --going from memory-- tensile strength of the plastic is approximately 10 times less than that of common steel.

So, what do I do? Teflon tape on the joint? Tighten it a bit more with a wrench?

Thanks!

Deguza

Reply to
Deguza

I'd put a little tape. You are right with plastic but there are times just a little snug with a wrench help, too much you break it.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

The threads are not a water seal, if it leaks it's not tight enough.

Ensure there's no minute trash or such stopping a tight seal between two mating surfaces.

Reply to
dpb