I have a pretty troublesome Maytag clothes washer (highly NOT
Vertical (opening on top).
This time the following is happening:
1) After the spin cycle, the clothes are wet
2) During spin cycle:
- the tub does not spin (as evidenced by opening the lid quickly)
- There are strange noises from inside, like something flapping,
it would sound like a 8" piece of belt on a spinning shaft that
hits things (note I said _sound_,
I did not look inside and it
would be unlikely to be the case).
- Also a humming sound is heard, like a pump is running normally
- The tub does not want to turn, when I try to turn it by hand
Any ideas what to look for?