Maytag refrigerator noise

This is a brand new Maytag MFD 2561 HEW refrigerator. Sometimes when the compressor is running it makes a obnoxious tapping sound. It is not the ice maker. THis is my second unit. The first unit came the wrong color and I had it for a week and it did not make this tapping sound. Any ideas? It seems to keep temperature in refrig and freezer fine.

Reply to
Art

If it is brand new call the dealer or Maytag to have it checked, it could be normal or maybe a noisy freezer fan motor....Have it checked out while it is still under warranty.

Reply to
MrAppliance1

probably condenser fan blade hitting shroud, I agree no reason for you to fix it when brand new and under warranty.

Reply to
hiebs

The noise is intermittent so getting the repair guy there at the right time to hear it might be a problem. Does not sound like a fan blade hitting something noise. More like a popping that sometimes happens when the compressor first turns on but sometimes it doesn't happen when the compressor turns on. There are randon pops for maybe a minute and then it stop if it happens at all.

Reply to
Art

Aunt Bee! Call the man!

Could be any of a bunch of things, and all of them something the distributor should fix.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

sounds like the compressor going off on its over load, relay is probably ocasionally sticking causing high amps. Just did a repair like that last week. it was a week old unit. tell repair man what you heard. keep calling till it is fixed

Reply to
hiebs

My Frigidaire states that it makes gurgling and popping noises, and it does. They did NOT provide that information prior to my buying it, or I would have bought a Whirlpool. I should have bought a Whirlpool anyway. - udarrell - Darrell

Reply to
udarrell