Maytag Horiz Wash. Mach. Bristles/Brushes Rubbing On Tub Function Quest. ?

Hello:

Have a several year old Maytag Horizontal washing machine, Model MAH

5500BWW.

Might anyone explain for me, please, what the small bristle brushes are on the bottom side of the tub opening that seem to rub between the rotating horizontal tub and a stationary plastic molding ?

Function?

My wife is really upset re how dirty they appear. How would one clean these ?

Thanks, Bob

Reply to
Robert11

Does it say Neptune on it? There should also be a Maytag phone number on it. Some of these machines are eligible for a free door seal upgrade. Call the telephone number and ask Maytag if your's is eliglble. The dirt may be mildew and the new seal is mildew resistent. Plus you get a new inner door for venting it and a new circuit board for improved washing. All for free if your model is old enuf.

Reply to
Art Begun