Make a desk lamp cordless

Using a string of LEDs and a 9-volt battery

HeyBub

Sounds like a perfect application for rechargeable batteries - that 9V battery is not going to last long - it's a puny 300mAh source at this rate of discharge:

2ft @ approx 1 LED per 1" = 24 LEDs x 20mA each = 480mA draw - approx 37 minutes of working time per a $1.50 battery.

There seems to be a ton of space in the base of that lamp - definitely enough for a large(r) battery pack and a charger. Would still need a cord though, at least temporary for charging. But I imagine replacing batteries at that rate will get old really quick.

Reply to
DA

Yeah. I saw the article as more of a "concept piece."

Reply to
HeyBub

discharge:

I got a strip similar. I don't know where you got specs. The resistors limit current with 12 volts. 9 volts will draw less current.

I just don't have time to fool with yet, but they put out some light. I just looked up. I can run some on top of the window frame. Cool. I also got dimmers and stuff. Mine are really warm white which I like.

Greg

Reply to
gregz

It's easier than one would think to wirelessly transfer [safely transfer] more than 1500W in a 'specially' prepared room over a distance of 15+ feet. Then you could place your coffee maker almost ANYWHERE in the room. A 100W bulb would be a piece of cake in comparison.

Reply to
Robert Macy

Easy.

Greg

Reply to
gregz

Thanks, I needed that laugh this morning.

Reply to
Robert Macy